- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
there’s this one girl at school who sends a mass text to the whole year group whenever she sees a dog so that we can go pat it too if we’re nearby and I have petted at least five dogs because of her that I wouldn’t have otherwise and idk I hope you all have someone like her in your lives
This is me
Here is a side by side comparison of how The New York Times has profiled Michael Brown — an 18 year old black boy gunned down by police — and how they profiled Ted Bundy, one of the most prolific serial killers of all time.
This infuriates me.
i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again:
the big bang theory is not a smart comedy. it relies on cliches and stereotypes that are offensive to everyone they reflect. there is little to no originality in any storyline or relationship.
the funniest thing about this show is that people compare it to 30 rock, parks and rec, louie, veep, etc
there is a difference between a smart show and a show that happens to have nerds on it.